Friday, October 10, 2008

Tip Time by Sharpie

Tip? You've GOT TO CHECK THIS OUT! If you're a repeat visitor, you know just how much I love line art, right? Got a link from Kris Jacobs that totally blew me away. With any luck this Lexington Herald-Leader web link will stay online for awhile. I, for one, intend to check out this novel decorating technique often. It took care of tons of wall space for a mere, teeny tiny 10 dollars worth of Sharpies. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Be still my heart.

Kentucky.com features an even more indepth article about the wall scenes. I read a blog entry that said that the blog commentor had done some Sharpee art in his closet. He/She also said it was "white out art" after their mom painted over his handiwork. Incidently, there's a link on that same blog to Justine Ashbee's Sharpie art. Whoa man. This is some crazy shit. Wish the towel that I did (at left) were done in Sharpee. Charlie Kratzer and Justine Ashbee are my new heros. Thanks to fellow artster, Kris.





Sharpie Haiku for you...
inspired by Charlie
I've huge need to snag
Sharpies
destined for paper
sjacobsfabian copyright 2008

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin Lynne said...

I love that Haiku! (I love sharpies, too.) Your blog is so colorful, I love it! Lots of love in this comment.. ha.

-Robin Lynne
www.robinlynne.org

7:41 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

I visted your blog at robinlynne.org. Instant appeal. takenbyrobinlynne.etsy.com is great as well. I especially loved http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12616044 It's so dramatic. I'm adding the blog to my links. Thanks for the love, a girl can use all that she can get. Right back at ya.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home