Saturday, January 03, 2009

'09 Teflon and Donuts

Primary Man by sjacobsfabian

'Ello out there. Clickety, clacking in January 2009 begins. 2009... Wonder how long it'll take to remember to write 2009 on checks instead of 2008. I also wonder how long the resolutions can withstand my weaknesses. Are good intentions good enough?

The to-do lists linger on - not wiped clean just cause the year began anew. Who can I see about that? Strings of Christmas lights push my procrastination button. I think that button's stuck. Like coppers on daily donut duty. Like seat belts that peek out of parked car doors. Like food stuck on the bottom of a pan, no longer Teflon-ized. That piece of garbage too ugly to clean before putting in a new bag... Like a too-short playlist set to "loop". I should start a pool on how long before I actually corral each and every last pine needle. Any guesses?

In spite of the lists, this year should prove to be a good one. How could it not? Obama's about to "trim" the Bush(s). And I don't even have to figure out which level of gray the unvirginal, dirty snow is. There's not much of it left. The extension cord in the driveway is visible now that it's naked - its snow coat melted away. That's good because the snow blower already ate a cord this year... wicked appetite, it has.

And I already sold a painting! I'll miss him dearly. Primary Man has made me happy. Buuut someone has purchased him and for that I'm flattered. I wonder if most artists have a hard time parting with their pieces... hmmm. Here's to writing the checks correctly, getting the work done, reigning in my excesses, checking my lists. And here's to the wall that will support my canvas. Bon Voyage, PM. See him waving? Sighing in shades of '09 gray. May it turn its grand, technicolor head. For everyone.

Well, off to suck needles.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home