Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Facebook FLAIR (aka ful-airr)

Flair... I say, "Ful-air!" Where did this start? The movie Office Space? Dunno. But this flair is fun. Check it out, Fellow Facebookers. Most people reading this blog are creatives. If you're on Facebook, as I am, check out a neat little app that's harmless and creative fun. No, I'm not employed or paid by Facebook! Send flair, create flair, hunt for flair. Yeeesss, it's a time waster. While I look for full-time employment, Flair is a creative outlet. HINT: if you add your web link consistently as the first part of your flair "name", it should prompt curiosity seekers. If they find and like your flair, they may even visit your web site. It's not bound to generate huge amounts of hits but it only takes a few.

I like that Mom won't yell. There's no artwork actually going on her wall at home. It's Facebook virtual art, after all. No, I don't still live with Mom! She does, however, still have the capacity to yell. (not that there's anything wrong with that... just as long as it's directed at someone else. That's always a peachy thang...)


There are naysayers out there braying about the capitalistic evils of "self-promotion". Insert horse's ass sound here. My artist friends are neither hugely successful nor rich by any means. We can use all the innocent help we can get! That reminds me of my favorite "funny flair" acquisition. "I'm not a bitch. I just have low bullshit tolerance." lof'nl Anyway, if this trick helps someone out financially, then I'll say, "NIIICE!". But, at the very least, it's another artist's tool. And besides, humorous flair lifts your spirits even when you don't create them. Add or send to your heart's content, my friends.

Thanks to Micah Tapule from Sophisticuffs.com for both of his contributions, as well as the others whose flair have captured my eye. The screen capture above includes but is not exclusive to my flair creations. It's merely a representation of what I put on my flair board. I look forward to more Facebook Flair laughs and creative inspiration. Viva la Ful-air! Have Facebook, will flair! Hey, off to make that one too. (here it is...) See ya there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home