Monday, February 16, 2009

Live Funky

Featured artist, Jessica Torrant, has been on my to-do list for awhile now. Her illustrations can be seen at the "Illustration Station" and paintings @ "Live Funky". She's the perfect example of contemporary artists whose works I've come to appreciate. Its deceptively simple demeanor speaks in beautiful tongue.

Sometimes I Think I Can Fly by Jessica Torrant

Fluid in the Now by Jessica Torrant





Older and wiser, I'm inexplicably drawn to this fluid style of painting. It possesses lucid simplicity with restraint. Her straightforward refinement demonstrates a keen eye for translation using spare details that's loaded with style. I especially love how Landscape Series 1 reveals her interpretation of "landscape". Too bad there's no bus bound for this destination. Ms. Torrant, you might not know it but you're definitely flying already.

Landscape Series 1 by Jessica Torrant

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home