Monday, May 03, 2010

Idyll(ic)

Back to work soon and it'll be time to miss my idyll time, again. Less time to spend with nature's exclusive works of art...sigh... Less time to be careful what I wish for, eh? Ha!
She (Mother Nature) helped me minimize flower costs. That was accomplished mostly with overwintered Creeping Jenny - right in its intended destination. I just added a few flowers and voila! Instant gratification. The 3 types of coleus are Redbean (at center), Lemon Twist and Kingswood Torch and they provide a textural backdrop. Gerber daisies are planted for their summer-long contribution and finally, this trough features tiny, "Firecracker" Zinnia. They'll grow more as they mature. I'm a sucker for these old fashioned posies.
Planted in this statuary, dubbed "Our Lady", is sweet alyssum and corkscrew rush. We called it the "Spike Lee do" but I think maybe "Whoopie" would be better. I hope the trellis realizes its climbing rosebush by summer's end.
The last pic is of overwintered baby's breath (no coddling required) with zinnia again. Sweet scale placed in front of our patio door, its blossoms just about ready to popPp. This is one of 3, the center being a chartreuse hosta, for contrast.
Happy gardening, my friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous tammy vitale said...

Are you calling that small flat leafed ground cover Creeping Jenny? I just got some last year and it's awesome - I've transplanted it everywhere and it just keep growing. =]

3:10 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Yep! You would not believe how it looks now. I'll post a new pic of it tomorrow. Don't you just love it? The color is phenom.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home