Monday, January 12, 2009

Guilty

Bonnie Raitt - Blues Guitarist and Singer
by suzanne jacobs-fabian copyright 2008

Guilty. Most of the time I do feel guilty. It's all in my head, of course. As Bonnie would croon, "I'm guilty, yeah, I'm guilty for the rest of myyyy yy liiiii iiife. How come I never doooo, what I'm s'posed to do? Nothin' I try to do ever turns out right..." Okay so, it's not true in my case but here's the joke. It's bad enough that my husband once told me that I'm so so easily guilted that I must have been born Catholic. (which I wasn't until I converted when we married)

Now I found out that it's the brain's fault. The human response center for guilt is located in the anterior part of the frontal lobe. It generates concrete chemical responses to emotional triggers. Mine must just be bigger than most people's. But then most of what's mine is... It can be a burden at times but I'll tell you a secret. It keeps me honest. I take comfort in knowing that I'm not alone too. Have you ever heard a siren and instinctively checked your speedometer? Thought so.

Bonnie, may you live forever and a day. You sings my thoughts for me. Clear as a "blues" belle.

Some sound and not-so-sound thoughts from a deaf girl. Pun intended. insert grin here

p.s. Happy Birthday, Teeny Lou. You're the best a girl could ever ask for. Honest.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home