Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Little Glimpses, Big Discovery

WITHIN REACH, by mystele
S'pose you don't need anymore hints. It's Little Glimpse's turn. This latest featured artist is a genuine gem. Whether it's an opportunity to buy her beloved creations or to learn from her... she's non-stop inspiration. Mystele, not sure how she pronounces it, is a happy, accidental find. I first happened upon her sweet little sculpture and loved it so much that I featured her on one of my Etsy treasuries. Turns out it's her paintings and indomitable spirit that speaks to this artist's passion. I've watched what I believe to be, every one of her YouTube vlogs and videos. Part of what appeals is that there's not one pretentious bone about her. And her thoughtful approach and practiced techniques are sure to get you up off you "duff", as she would say. But, in the end, it's Mystele's characters "calling to her to bring them out", that'll charm you.
Folk art or not, the motivation and charm is what grabs. She should be a bonafide-summers-off teacher so as not to waste her insight. She should be a pampered/sponsored artist full-time so as not to waste a creative moment. She should be a... I wish I could grant her a de Medici-style patron. Well, I intend to glean as much as I can from my newfound friend. Her drive and willingness to open her studio and arms. God bless you, Mystele.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronnie said...

Bravo. Well done! Mystele is that and more. I have a tiny piece of hers that I have the pleasure of enjoying daily.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Victorian Lady said...

I adore Mystele! :) Your word choice was perfect...she is a gem!

Mere

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home