Thursday, July 09, 2009

Balderdash, it's time 2B

... what I love the most about studios is the insight it gives regarding an artist's passion. You could say that I'm nosy. I don't mind. Idea hunts are fun.

I look forward to swapping my studio with the guest bedroom. Buuuutttt! I can't do it 'til the spare bedroom is finished being painted, so sayeth the wise old owl. He's right, I know. Procrastination might be thwarted if a goal is at hand. The guest room, though it offers a kind of ensuite retreat for company with a bathroom handy, is just off the family room and has the sweetest window. SOOOO! I'm marking my territory! It has lots of artificial lighting so I can't complain but it's the cocoon effect it provides that delights. No one will know that I'm in that space, all hidden and hidden. Besides, I'm not a portrait artist and I don't mind how the paint goes on a little heavier and brighter because it's applied in artificial light. Wonder how many other people do this... hmmm I know it's frowned upon but until I win the lottery this is a solution. Besides, I've perched myself in front of the TV, armed with an art supply mess that is ever-present! Though I'm not anal retentive, I respond better to some sort of order when I want to relax. The more I long for it, the better to light a fire under my renovation job. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, yes, the French antique bust IS a little creepy but she just spoke to us!
More like whispered, "Come back. You know you want me!" We kept shopping at the Kane County Flea Market (our fav monthly event) and we just HAD to go back and rescue her cause...well, speaking frankly, she was just an outright nag about it. She's not in our master bedroom, my man thinks she's just too creepy to watch over us at night. But she does a great job of corralling necklaces. Cool beans, no? Also, the ledge will provide display space without making holes in the walls! Nice. Can't wait to move so I can make all kinds of holes! I miss the personality! And yes, that's an old-fashioned pump that sits outside in the sand cherry bushes. I keep forgetting it's there. NOTE TO SELF: remember to take it with you when you move!

Buh bye, GR. Hope you like your new home...HELLOoooo, stooodeee-o!

Speaking of moving things, off to "busy-land". Ta ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home